Atlanta Consumer Debt Defense Lawyers Protect You Against Unlawful Practices
Experienced Georgia debt collection defense law firm pursues relief for individuals and families
If you’re a Georgia resident who has been victimized by creditor abuse, a predatory lender or an unethical business, The Evins Law Firm, LLC can work to stop the harassment and relieve the harm done to you. Our consumer debt lawyers have decades of combined experience protecting the rights of clients and pursuing justice for violations of various collection-related regulations. Our firm offers knowledgeable advocacy and personalized attention tailored to the specifics of your situation so you can exercise your rights under various state and federal laws.
Protecting clients from harassing and unlawful creditors and debt collectors
Fraudulent charges, unfair harassment and identity theft can cause unnecessary stress and ruin your credit rating. Our consumer debt lawyers aim to put a stop to abusive collection activities and help clear your good name with credit agencies and creditors. We handle cases involving the following consumer protection laws:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act — The federal government passed the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) in 1978 to prevent creditors from using threatening and deceitful practices to elicit payments from debtors.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act — As a consumer, you have the right to review your credit report and dispute any mistakes. You also have the right to dispute any fraudulent charges if you’ve been the victim of identity theft.
- Fair Credit Billing Act — This law requires that creditors correct any billing errors in a reasonable period. If a creditor charges the wrong amount, fails to reverse unauthorized charges, fails to post your payments promptly or fails to give you proper notice of a balance due, you can pursue that creditor for damages and other remedies.
Our attorneys are intimately familiar with the laws meant to protect consumers and are always ready to help you hold the offending parties legally accountable for their actions.
Safeguarding your interests in the face of predatory lending and business fraud
If you’ve been the victim of predatory lending or unethical business practices, a strong legal advocate can outline and enforce your rights. We specialize in helping clients fight back against fraudulent conduct by pursuing claims related to:
- Truth in Lending Act — The Truth in Lending Act requires creditors to explain in writing the exact terms of any loan they make, including the amount to be financed, the required monthly payments, the number of payments and the annual percentage rate (APR) for interest on the loan. If you discover that any of this information was incorrect, you may have a claim against that lender.
- Fair Business Practices Act — The Fair Business Practices Act (FBPA) is Georgia’s consumer protection law that prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices” in a variety of commerce and trade situations. If you have fallen victim to an unfair or deceptive practice or act by a merchant, you have the right to seek injunctive relief and damages.
You can rely on our firm’s steadfast advocacy to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Contact a dedicated Atlanta consumer debt attorney for a free consultation
The Evins Law Firm, LLC assists Georgia clients who are facing issues related to improper collection, lending and business practices. Please call our LaGrange office at 770-592-2780 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.